At the end of this unit, you should be able to:
- Compare/contrast the differences in the size, color, denominations of and pictures on the French euro with the U.S. dollar.
- Demonstrate understanding of the value of the US dollar in foreign currency by making conversions based on purchases made, then report on them in French
- Explain how basic sandwiches are made in France, and what the most common fillings are called.
- Explain how the French prepare and serve un citron pressé and un diabolo.
- Express what you would like to purchase politely and in formal and informal ways.
- Ask formally/informally what someone would like
- Read and interpret a menu: order in French, determine the cost in French, the value in U.S. dollars and "pay" the server with the correct bills/change
- Leave an appropriate tip and explain your actions
- Order food/drinks using the correct article (un/une)
- Say how much things cost using the correct pronoun (Il/Elle).
Last modified: Saturday, 31 July 2010, 8:23 PM